The 436 series switch uses highly reliable Hall Effect magnetic switching to produce a contact that is solid state yet still maintains the feel of a classic push-button switch with travel. The 436 series uses LED illumination and meets applicable requirements of MIL-S-22885 for sunlight readability.
The 436 series switch is comprised of three parts; the cap assembly which contains an integrated elastometric seal, the base assembly which houses the LEDs and Hall Effect transducer, and the retainer sleeve which houses the entire assembly.
- Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) momentary switch action
- Uses Hall Effect switching for “contact-less” long life switching
- Functional in harsh environments
- Over 500,000 cycles switch life
- Integrated panel sealing
- High reliability LED lighting
- Sunlight readable with dead face switch cap
- The 436 series switch can be joined together into a switch module that contains a circuit card for easy integration
- Custom legends, fonts and colors available
- Switches have been certified on the B777 for flight deck use