A key aspect of Avtech’s 5682 system design is the integration of the Cabin Interphone Controller within the Passenger Address Amplifier. This approach reduces size, weight and LRU count. Design efficiency allows these capabilities to fit into a 1/4 ATR Short Package. The 5682 series amplifier has been designed exclusively for the 70 to 100 passenger regional commuter aircraft.
Avtech’s 5682 PA amplifier receives control signals from the flight deck audio system, interphone handsets, passenger service units, and weight on wheels switches to determine the operating mode of the passenger address system.
- In accordance with FAR 121.318 and 121.319, power is supplied separately for the Cabin Interphone and Passenger Address functions
- Interfaces directly with Avtech’s Handset/Cradle units
- Sixteen discrete inputs are provided to select the operating mode of the amplifier
- System parameters can be adjusted via an RS-232 interface facilitating on-aircraft certification testing
- FAA TSO C50c certified
- 80% efficiency due to Avtech’s unique Class D power amplifier
- Test tone provides a pink noise signal to facilitate aircraft testing
- PA amplifier includes chime generation for High, Low and High/Low chimes