The N1304B-1 SELCAL encoder console includes the latest state-of-the-art tone sourcing that generates all 16 SELCAL frequencies.
In operation, the console operator simply selects the four-digit code assigned to the aircraft, confirms correct selection on the large alpha display, and momentarily presses the “SEND” button. Relay contacts within the unit can be wired to automatically key the base station, causing the selective signaling to be automatically transmitted. Optionally, the operator can control the encoder entirely from an external computer via the included RS-232 interface and software control module.
The small size and weight of the unit make it perfect for direct replacement of older 12 code units or installation in new facilities. Simply adding the rack mount adapters to the desktop housing allows the unit to be mounted in a 19” rack, only requiring 1.75 inches of panel space. Rack adapters are supplied with every unit.
The SELCAL encoder can be operated on 115/230 VAC 50/60 Hz and may be used worldwide without adapters or modifications.
- Highly visible LCD display
- 16 push-button front panel code entry with key click feedback
- Convenient front panel access to code SEND and code CANCEL pushbuttons
- Code send indicator
- Self test capability
- 120V/240V 50-60Hz internal power supply
- Computer interface via an RS-232 connection
- Software module which can externally generate codes and transfer them to the Encoder
- Auxiliary relay for keying or audio switching